Sunday, February 12, 2012

A tribute to a wonderful soul


The experience of losing a grandson is indescribably painful and a life changing condition. To be enjoying a simple game of tossing the football when he suddenly collapses and never moves again can cause you to question the very existence of God himself and pleading that he take you instead, such a young and caring thoughtful child whose life has just began to bud,exposing the rare thoughtful soul one stands in awe of. Why not take a sixty two year old shriveled up old man, scarred from being in life's tumbler and having experienced life's harder times instead of someone destined for greatness? I wanted to die, I have lived through times I shouldn't and wondered why am I suffering such pain only to see things I love vanish before my very eyes. Even today I am at a uncomfortable position with my faith and its only through John Wesley that I have the strength to take a step further and find a positive outlet that he might have wanted or even encouraged as being the right thing to do. Providing awareness of cardiac arrest; detection methods, prevention and treatment to a seemingly invisible but detectable disease can and does save lives for young and old. My body is my vessel, worth but little, my efforts and intentions without commitment even less. To honor his memory and not so much the glory of God, I dedicate myself towards that end. Our family and friends have for the second year of his untimely death intend to help as many young people and adults discover what we have had to experience with poor results, the knowledge that might prevent a loss of life. Schools, sports complexes and places where people congregate are being supplied with AED's and heart screening at little or no cost because of the foundation. We have made it a family thing that grows even larger at every event undertaken. It is with this dedication and love along with the memory of John Wesley Foster that draws our family even closer with a spirit we have all seen in the eyes of that special nine year old hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment