Sunday, September 28, 2008

Is That me in There?

There are tons of people who live a more interesting life then I. But I'm not up to trading with anyone; for what precious memories and experiences I've had along the way are uniquely mine and make up what and who I am. I shave my own face everyday so I can't hide anything from myself. It s me in there no hiding that, same face looking a bit used by now but I can live with that. especially sense I don't have to look at it all day. Being inside this aging body is becoming a bit f a bother, I miss my agility and people are speaking softer and listening to stupid music. I don't by into idea that my hearing is failing, hell I hear just as well today as I did yesterday so we'll get off that subject. I am living in the greatest time of world history, everything has happened in my lifetime. I was born during a war and I guess I will die during one. All the greatest music was made in my lifetime and man has stood on our moon and traveled beyond. In that span I have known two presidents who were shot, one was killed, and two men were shot trying to become president. Things are beginning to heat up again, Every family in America is facing some kind of crisis, and in some way served up by greed on the part of someone somewhere. I'm not going to get off into the presidential mess, it doesn't matter what your stand is, your wrong, yeah wrong. We don't need this crap, we did not ask to be told that we are fat and unhappy and need a war to feel better about ourselves because we feel real guilt about not giving our government enough money to stomp on a few more of our rights. Well I said I wasn't going to get into all that crap so I'll move on. I did mention I miss my agility and I do, I don't run so well anymore (its true, just ask the nurse standing next to me at my last stress test) and my field goals don't go so far anymore. I probably hold the world record for number of times visiting the bathroom after bedtime. I sometimes think with four letter words, I guess luggage I have working in a prison. But try working in a prison and acting normal, no can do. I haven't seen my belly button in years and its probably full of lint. And sex? who could forget that with all that stuff being flashed across my computer, stuff I didn't ask for I mean. Some of the most fun things I have ever had I had with my clothes on. Shaving my face every day gets old, staring at the old geezer in the mirror makes me want to punish him by growing facial hair. Something inside is yelling "I'm a young man, I just need a new body" And where did my butt go by the way? Once I could walk around with out a belt, Then late one night my butt left, I say it was late at night because if it had happened during waking hours I would've remembered that, unless it was on one of those trips to the bathroom. I can experience leg cramps in rem sleep and be on my feet in two seconds flat. I can wink at anyone I want to, especially women, some smile, some just think I 've had a stroke, none have winked back. I can cuss murders, thieves rapists and child molesters and not fear for my life. I do not call homosexual inmates by their girl names or refer to them as "her or she". I do not wink at inmates. I do not eat in front of them. I gag when I walk past their kitchen. Yes I have been detained against my will. I have witnessed murder and attacks on inmates and prison guards. So I don't get on the geezer in the mirror too much, I have him to thank for bringing me here. Excuse me while I go have a group hug with myself.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment